Theme: “BEC a field hospital for the wounded; marks of a Merciful Ecclesial Community”
The celebration had two main features.
- THE HOLY HOUR – Held simultaneously in three Jubilee Churches.
- Parish of the Lord of Divine Mercy forthe St. Joseph and Our Lady of Perpetual Help Vicariate.
- Holy Family Parish for the Sta. Rita and Holy Family Vicariates.
- San Pedro Bautista Parish for the Sto. Niño and San Pedro Bautista Vicariates.
The Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish (IHMP) is one of the nine Parishes of the Saint Joseph Vicariate (SJV). Sixteen BEC Leaders and members participated. Fr. Angelito S. Ancla, CMF, our Parish Priest and the SJV BEC Priest Minister also attached the Holy Hour.
Fr. Steven C. Zabala, PLDM Parish Priest led the Holy Hour Penitential Rite; a reflection on the Parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:1-32). He explained that “Prodigal” has “negative” and “positive” connotations. The “negative” was exemplified by the younger son who squandered his inheritance through excessive, extravagant, and wasteful lifestyle. The “positive” was aptly demonstrated by the excessive manifestation of the love and mercy of the father to the younger son, despite the sin he committed.
- THE EUCHARISTIC CELEBRATION – Held at the Immaculate Conception Cathedral, presided by the Most Rev. Bishop Honesto F. Ontioco, D.D; concelebrated with ten Parish Priests of the Diocese of Cubao.
The Gospel was about the Sermon on the Mount, specifically regarding “True Happiness” (Matthew 5:1-12). The August 27, 2016 event, simple yet dignified and meaningful, served as an inspiring prelude to the Grand BEC Jubilee Celebration come 2017!
- Arturo P. Casuga
IHMP BEC Coordinator