Junior Lectors and Commentators (Jr LECOM)
Jr LECOM is a ministry of the youth that proclaims the Word of God. It was founded on January 16, 2002 by Mrs. Antoinette ‘Antee’ Bass – Hernandez. Its anniversary is held every feast of the Sto. Niño.
It is associated with two other Ministries of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish. By its function, it belongs to the Liturgical Affairs Ministry and is affiliated to the Senior Lectors and Commentators. But by age group, it belongs to Parish Youth Ministry named as Kabataang Claret.
Objectives of the Ministry:
- To properly and clearly proclaim the Word of God.
- To form each youth member to become a responsible Christian.
- To inspire the children and youth to actively participate parish activities
- To develop the talents of its members
Achievements of the Ministry:
- Jr.Lecom had successfully organized the “Holy-ween Party” last 2011.
- It facilitated the Kumpisalang Bayan (a Holy Week activity of IHMP) from 2012 to 2016.
- Members taught the children’s choreography for the Easter Sunday Salubong dance from 2013 to 2016
- Members choreographed the dance and animation of the Gloria during the Easter Vigil and New Year’s Even Mass from 2013 – 2016 and Christmas Eve Mass from 2013-2015
- The Jr.Lecom participated in the program called ‘Ipaghawit’ last 2014.
- It organized the Kabataang Claret Sports Fest last 2014, in collaboration with the Knights of Christ.
By proclaiming the Word of God and by participating in the different activities of the parish, Jr Lecom truly becomes a venue to serve and grow as disciples of Jesus.